- Inspirational Breakfast
Weekdays 7.00am - 10.00am
Kick start your day and join John Pantry and Lisa Mainwaring (Mon & Fri) and Esther Higham (Tues - Thurs) every weekday morning for big name guests, great music and news from a Christian perspective.
It's your show so get in touch with questions for all our top daily guests plus birthday messages, prayer requests, song dedications - or whatever! Call 08450 21 21 21, text 66777 (first word PREMIER - you will be charged your standard network rate), email email@example.com or tweet us on @premierradio anytime.
Noah Film Exclusive Interviews!
Presenter Profile: John Pantry
Special programme: Hearing from God
Prayer is both the most exhilarating and most frustrating experience in life. When God answers our prayers it's a feeling like nothing else. But it’s frustrating when we don’t hear from Him. But does it mean that God is on mute? Inspirational Breakfast producer Lisa Mainwaring brings you this documentary on praying and hearing God’s voice - an insight into how to hear, interpret and understand God’s will.
Hearing from God
Proud sponsors of the 8am-9am hour of Inspirational Breakfast.
Coming up this week
MON 14 APR: Could you survive for 40 days without any food at all? On Monday we’ll be catching up with a man who has done just that and lived to tell the tale! Revd KEITH HEBDEN from End Hunger Fast joins us. Plus Revd NICKY GUMBEL, the man behind Alpha and HTB, joins Lisa Mainwaring and Revd Michael Fanstone live in the studio to tell us about the latest exciting event at the London mega church. Psalm 41; Luke 22: 1 – 23.
TUE 15 APR: It’s Topical Tuesday and, with Holy Week well under way, Esther Higham and Revd Michael Fanstone be taking your calls on Judas – and asking what did God really think of him? Friend of the show Pastor PAUL ANDERSON WALSH will be with us to give us his take on the maligned 12th disciple. Also we’ll be hearing from GEMMA HULME who has been living “below the line” on just £1 a day for 60 days – how is she doing? If you want to give it a go follow some Premierites who’re doing it this week in solidarity with the poor. Psalm 27; Luke 22: 39 – 53
WED 16 APR: Meet Jesus – or at least the actor who has played him more than any other! JAMES BURKE DUNSMORE, star of the Wintershall Passion Play, has played Jesus for more than 16 years and acted out the crucifixion scene 150 times. John Pantry and Esther Higham will meet him and KATHY LONGBOTTOM, who plays Mary Magdalene, to find out what impact the roles have had on their own lives and to ask why the ancient Passion Play is becoming more & more popular in 21st Century Britain. Find out if there’s a Passion Play where you live. Psalm 102; Luke 22: 54 – end
THU 17 APR: This Maundy Thursday we take time to explore the theme of grace. Is it just a spiritual “get-out-of-jail free card” or is there more to it? DAVID STEELE from Ellel Ministries joins John and Esther live in the studio to take your calls. Plus we’ll be crossing live to Spring Harvest to see how Premier’s JUSTIN BRIERLEY is faring at the well-known Easter Holiday conference. We’ll also be wrapping up our weekly competition one day early with your chance to win a Morphy Richards Espresso maker courtesy of our friends at the British Coffee Association and four new Premier coffee cups to ensure your morning cuppa is on brand! Psalm 42, Luke 23: 1 – 25
FRI 18 APR: Our Good Friday special will be a reflective time with John live in the studio and as Passion plays take place around the nation we speak to the director of just one of them, PETER BLACKMAN from One Life, One Passion in Essex. Plus we’ll be speaking to a contributor from the North East who is involved in 'The Great North Passion’. Psalm 69; John 19: 1 – 30
Click here to watch interviews with big names - like Hollywood legend Martin Sheen & The X Factor star Jahmene - who've dropped by the studio.
Check out our star-studded guest gallery to see who's been dropping by the breakfast studio...
Listen On Demand
- How do you live off £1 a day? - 15 Apr 2014Starting this week, thousands of us will be challenging ourselves to live on just £1 a day for five days, as part of a campaign by the Practical Action. But is it possible not just to survive, but also to eat a balanced and healthy diet on that sort of budget? We spoke to GEMMA HUME from Practical Action who's doing it for 60 days!
- "The world is desperate for hope and we have the message" - 14 Apr 2014Nicky Gumbel - vicar of Holy Trinity Brompton joined Lisa and Michael Fanstone to discuss the most important week in the Christian calendar, Holy Week. As one of the pioneers of the Alpha Course, running in 169 countries with around 24 million participants, he also shared his views on the beginner's journey to Christianity.
- 40 days without food: Its been an amazing journey - 14 Apr 2014Rev Keith Hebden has a heart for the poor and in solidarity for those who go hungry every day - he gave up food for 40 days during Lent and joined the team to share his experience.
- Film Thursday - Monthly Film Reviews - 10 Apr 2014Fitting in with our 'apologetics theme' this month we looked movie GOD'S NOT DEAD, based on the book by American author RICE BROOCKS, who joined us for Film Thursday. Revd Simon Carver, Inspirational Breakfast's movie reviewer, also looked at Noah, Rio 2 and Captain America.
- What stops us from receiving correction? 9 Apr 2014"We may not all be ready to give correction, but we all need to reach a point where we can receive it". Pastor and author of Dreamstealers, Jo Naughton joined John and Esther to explore the challenges and benefits of correction.