Weekdays 7.00am - 10.00am
Kick start your day and join John Pantry and Nage every weekday morning for big name guests, great music and news from a Christian perspective.
It's your show so get in touch with questions for all our top daily guests plus birthday messages, prayer requests, song dedications - or whatever! Call 08450 21 21 21, text 66777 (first word PREMIER - you will be charged your standard network rate), email email@example.com or tweet us on @premierradio anytime.
Special programme: Hearing from God
Prayer is both the most exhilarating and most frustrating experience in life. When God answers our prayers it's a feeling like nothing else. But it’s frustrating when we don’t hear from Him. But does it mean that God is on mute? Inspirational Breakfast producer Lisa Mainwaring brings you this documentary on praying and hearing God’s voice - an insight into how to hear, interpret and understand God’s will.
Hearing from God
Proud sponsors of the 8am-9am hour of Inspirational Breakfast.
This week on the show
MON 2 DEC: Did you know that Hull has been named the UK's next City of Culture? In celebration the city is hosting a city-wide art Advent calendar. It’s taking place in churches across the city and will showcase local artist’s work. We’ll be chatting to Methodist Deacon, JILL TAYLOR, who is helping to pull together the 'ADVENTure' art project in Hull. She hopes it’ll give shoppers the opportunity to reflect on the actual meaning of Christmas.
Plus, in a month’s time, the law will change to allow people from Romania and Bulgaria to work more easily in the UK. We’ll be asking what will immigration mean for the UK and will it bolster Christianity? Christian faith is an integral part of Roma culture and many are Pentecostal Christians. Pentecostal churches are the only churches outside London which are growing their congregations. Last month Lord Carey said that Christianity is in decline, so we’ll be asking - is immigration the key to the continuation of the Christian faith in Britain?
TUE 3 DEC: We’ll be meeting a special 11 year-old choir boy, who has been described as "the new Aled Jones". His angelic voice is set to top the charts this Christmas. JACK TOPPING is the youngest solo artist to ever sign to Decca Records and his cover of Tomorrow, from the Annie soundtrack, will be released later this month.
WED 4 DEC: The latest of the ever-popular Prom Praise events, organised by London's All Souls Church, is taking place this Saturday (7 Dec) - the annual Christmas Prom Praise. They're a fantastic mixture of church service and concert, blending hymns and worship music with an orchestral backing, alongside selections of secular music - something for everyone. We’ll be catching up with All Souls Director of Music NOEL TREDDINICK.
Plus, we will be talking about speaking in tongues. What is it? How do ask for the gift? What are the benefits? Some of the early Christians spoke in tongues. The Apostle Paul writes about them in his first letter to the Corinthians. Then, for the most part, tongues died out of Christian practice until Pentecostalism emerged around the turn of the 20th century. Rev JOHN RYELAND - Director of the Christian Healing Mission - will join us to unpack the mystery.
THU 5 DEC: Britain's answer to Billy Graham will be joining us. He’s not a clergyman but a full-time international preacher and a successful author. Canon J. JOHN from Philotrust will be helping us understand how we should best prepare for Christmas.
FRI 6 DEC: It's Give Thanks Friday as we celebrate God's goodness together, so get ready to share your good news stories from the week as an encouragement to others. John will be continuing his tour of the country and today he’ll be in Eastbourne, chatting to Rev Ian White from Victoria Baptist Church. They’ll be joined by international worship leaders LOU & NATHAN FELLINGHAM, who will be performing live to lift our spirits for the weekend.
Click here to watch interviews with big names - like Hollywood legend Martin Sheen & The X Factor star Jahmene - who've dropped by the studio.
Check out our star-studded guest gallery to see who's been dropping by the breakfast studio...
Listen On Demand
- The Bible TV series reviewed - 28 Nov 2013This weekend sees the much-anticipated launch of new epic TV mini-series - The Bible - running every Saturday night on Channel 5 right up to Christmas. The show has already been nominated for an Emmy award, and has a very distinguished cast including Nonso Anozie, originally from north London, who began his career playing King Lear with the RSC at the Old Vic. Premier's Movie Reviewer Simon Carver tells us what to expect.
- Finding true Happiness this advent - 27 Nov 2013It’s supposed to be the season of goodwill, but when it comes to Christmas adverts the battle lines have been drawn. From fairy-tale fantasy, to homely images of nostalgia – we’re all being force fed a perfect cuddly world and a skewed image of happiness. It’s no wonder that many people feel a little low this time of year, if they think their life doesn’t match the fantasy. Premier’s Success coach, PAD, helps you alter your point of view and avoid the traps of believing in the messages that retailers pump out.
- Vicky Pryce: Prison life inside and out - 21 Nov 2013As part of our coverage of National Prison's Week VICKY PRYCE joined Inspirational Breakfast. The economist and ex-wife of former politician Chris Huhne, was sentenced to eight months in prison earlier this year for perverting the course of justice after taking speeding points for her husband. She started her sentence in Holloway, Britain's toughest women's jail and was inspired by her experiences to write a book 'Prisonomics',about how and why women end up in prison.
- The blessing of a child - National Adoption Week- 4 Nov 2013John & Phoebe chatted to Rachel Gardner from the Romance Academy about how God blessed her with a child.
- "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans..." - 30 Oct 2013The Rev John Ryeland, from The Christian Healing Mission, popped by to assure us that whether you pray your own words, or the words of others, they are both still powerful...As long as the prayer is said from the heart.